Thursday, December 31, 2009
Cheers, recap and resolution time!!
This is my annual blog ritual which I change time to time. I see it as me growing up in words and wisdom.
When I started blogging in 2005 , this is how I saw my year as and set my resolution for the next this way. 2006 was sunshine and rain for me and 2007 was the first year where I took some 'concrete' actionable resolutions.
2008 rebelliously went away without resolutions giving me the most pertinent lessons in life which I would never ever forget. And when I face struggles seemingly unsurmountable, I will be chanting 'This too shall pass'. 2009 snuck up with remainders of 2008 and gave some thought gems to treasure.
So this time Im going to welcome 2010 a little differently than always. A potent mixture of thoughts, resolutions and deeds.
~ 'Live' life and celebrate each moment.
This means I need to shed my veil of complacence. Discipline myself enough to enjoy the simple joys of life. So here is 3 deeds for the coming year
1. Have a routine- like waking up a certain time, having breakfast and exercising. (And break it occassionally to know its value).
2. Stop overplanning and have just enough planning- Reduce the number of my organizers and to do lists.
3. Prepare to run a marathon.;)
~ How can you have a beautiful ending without making beautiful mistakes.
Scared of committing mistakes is the biggest injustice one can do to oneself. Just because you're scared, you dont push your limits and you never know what could have been. 3 deeds for the mistakes which will teach me
1. Stop wondering about what people will think. Ultimately none of that matters. Only what I think of myself will.
2. Give my bestest shot. That way I got nothing to regret at all.
3. Take wild chances and risks. If not anything, my balance sheet would be colorful.
~Do or do not. There is no try.
That was the favourite quote of a drug addict client of mine. He used to drop a pen and ask to 'try' to pick up the pen from the floor. You can either pick it up or not pick it up. There is no trying to pick up a pen. Needless to say he recovered. He didnt try, he just did.
So heres 3 which I would 'do' and not try to do this year
1. Start learning another language
2. Start learning a musical instrument
3. Write more often
And most of all-- 'Rise above the little things'.
Cheers everyone. Have a fruitilicious newyear!!!